Shirley T. Faircloth[email protected]
Shirley Faircloth attended the University of Florida where she received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with honors. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Florida in 1989. While in law school, Shirley was a member of the Florida Law Review.
Following law school, Shirley joined the Tampa law firm of Shackleford, Farrior, Stallings & Evans, P.A. In 1994, Shirley joined Schropp, Buell & Elligett, P.A., where she has practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, eminent domain, insurance coverage and appellate law. The firm became Buell & Elligett in 2007.
Shirley has served as Special Master on the Tampa Municipal Code Enforcement Board, served on the Thirteenth Circuit Fee Arbitration Committee and served as a civil litigation instructor in the Rollins College Paralegal Studies Program.
In the community, she has been active with the Junior League of Tampa, the Children's Cancer Center, school parent associations and as a Girl Scout troop leader. Shirley enjoys painting, reading and boating in her free time.
- University of Florida (1989; Law Review)
- University of Florida (1986, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with honors)
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Eminent Domain
- Appellate Practice
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Special Master, Tampa Municipal Code Enforcement Board
- Civil Litigation Instructor, Rollins College, Paralegal Studies Program
- Seminars on Small Claims Court to Small Business Development Center at USF
- All state courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of Florida