Amy S. Farrior
Amy Farrior, a native of Texas, received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English, with distinction, from the University of Virginia in 1981, and her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan in 1986. Upon graduation from law school, Amy joined the Tampa law firm of Carlton, Fields, Ward, Emmanuel, Smith & Cutler, P.A. In 1992, she joined the Tampa law firm of Schropp, Buell & Elligett, P.A., and is now a shareholder. The firm became Buell & Elligett in 2007.
Amy is admitted to practice in Florida; the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida; the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; and the United States Supreme Court. She is Board Certified in Appellate Practice. Her practice experience includes civil appeals, commercial and personal injury litigation in several areas, including insurance coverage, contract disputes and medical malpractice.
Amy was elected to The Florida Bar Board of Governors in 2016 was recently elected to a fourth term. She served as president of the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation. She has also served the HCBA as chair of the Trial and Litigation Section, co-chair of the Appellate Practice Section and editor of the HCBA’s publication, The Lawyer. Amy is a Master in the Ferguson-White American Inn of Court and a past president of that organization. She is also a trustee for the Florida Supreme Court Historical Society.
Amy and her husband, Ed, have three grown children and three grandchildren. In her free time, Amy enjoys travel and fitness.
- University of Michigan Law School (1986, cum laude)
- University of Virginia (1981, Bachelor of Arts in English,
- Florida Bar Board Certified Appellate Practice Lawyer
- James M. McEwen Memorial Award, 2007
- AV Preeminent Peer-Review Rated by Martindale
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Tampa's Best Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- The Florida Bar Board of Governors, 2017-present
- President, Hillsborough County Bar Association,
- President, Hillsborough County Bar Foundation, 2017-2018
- President, Ferguson-White American Inn of Court,
- Chair, Hillsborough County Bar Association Appellate
Practice Section, 2000-2001
- Chair, Hillsborough County Bar Association Trial Lawyers
- Appellate Practice
- Policyholder Insurance Coverage
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Ferguson-White American Inn of Court
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation
- Athena Society
- All State Courts in Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Middle District of
- Supreme Court of the United States